Plan ahead to feed your family well this month with 31 days of healthy family meals to try. Each is kid-friendly and parent-approved and includes straight forward ingredients and easy methods…because I know we can all use as much help as we can get these days!
Easy Family Meals for Fall
This is a unique October, that is for sure. But we all still need to feed our families, so I hope this month’s meal plan helps you all do just that.
October Week 1
I always aim to have 1-2 foods on the table that the kids usually likes to ensure a happy dinner for everyone…even if that’s just a simple side of a fruit they like. So round these meals out with simple sides (and condiments!) as needed for your crew.
- One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Brown Rice with a side of fruit and whole grain bread
- Bean and Cheese Quesadillas with corn and fruit
- Butternut Squash Pasta with Italian Sausage
- Spinach and Cheese Pizza Rolls with cucumbers and fruit
- Slow Cooker Veggie Chili with Maple Corn Muffins
October Week 2
Add a favorite veggie (even warmed frozen peas) to round out any of these easy family dinners.
- 20-Minute Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- Sweet Potato and Cheese Quesadillas
- Baked Chicken Tenders with Pesto Pasta and Peas
- Easy Red Lentil Soup with Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Snack Dinner
October Week 3
Try serving some dinners family style and allow everyone to help themselves to the foods they want to eat.
- Skillet Stuffed Peppers and Rice
- Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Pizza Muffins with Veggies and a side salad
- Butternut Squash Apple Soup with Applesauce Muffins
October Week 4
Challenge the kids to be in charge of setting the table or helping you chop to involve them in the dinner prep.
- Veggie Stir Fry with Rice and Tofu
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Tacos with corn
- Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Best Sloppy Joes, rolls, and Roasted Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup with Rice