Ever since my daughter started daycare two years ago, winters have been a lot more challenging for my family. Her immunity has improved over time but it seems like my husband and I get sick more often now, probably because we’re in contact with a lot more germs than we were before. It often feels like there’s not much that we can do to keep ourselves healthy during the onslaught, but I still try. And these berry smoothie bowls were a recent attempt.
Easy Smoothie Bowl Recipe
We haven’t always been a huge smoothie-drinking household, especially in the winter, when the idea of starting the day with an icy drink just isn’t all that appealing. But I figured that L would like something this vibrant and fun to eat—and I made a few adjustments to the recipe so that it wouldn’t be too cold.
Berry Smoothie Bowls
I love getting in a lot of nutrients in the morning, so adding blueberries to this smoothie bowl recipe ensures antioxidants. And a smoothie bowl that’s nice and naturally sweet. You can play around with the berries and use strawberries or raspberries as options.
Vegan Smoothie Bowl
This smoothie bowl recipe can be adjusted for all sorts of diets. Use your favorite nondairy milk. Trade in coconut yogurt or leave the yogurt out all together. Play around with variations and see what you and your kids like best.
Smoothie Bowl without Bananas
If you’d like to leave out the bananas for preferences or because you don’t have any, do it! You can use ½ cup frozen mango instead, which makes the mixture super creamy too, or use other frozen fruit and add in some yogurt, a few tablespoons of avocado or nut butter for creaminess.Print
Change up how you serve smoothies by serving them in a bowl. Your little one might just get a kick out of it (and eat it up!).
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- 1 banana, sliced
- Optional add ins: 1 scoop protein powder, ½ cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, and/or 1 handful baby spinach
- Optional toppings: granola, sliced banana, additional frozen berries, shredded unsweetened coconut, pumpkin seeds, and/or dried fruit.
- Place the milk, berries, and ½ of the banana into a blender. Add any other add-ins you are using. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into bowls and top with granola, fruit, seeds, or coconut as you like. Serve immediately.
Serve with a spoon or a straw.
Keywords: smoothie bowl