Healthy and yummy AND packed with delicious pumpkin flavor? Sign us up. These pumpkin recipes check all the boxes and are perfect to share with the kids. From smoothies and pancakes to pasta and cookies, there are so many options to try!
During the fall, I like many of you get so into the flavors of pumpkin. And since the veggie is full of Vitamin A and fiber, and pairs so well with warm spices like cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, it’s a fun ingredient to share with the kids. Sure, they may not be quite ready for a PSL just yet, but they will get on board with these healthy pumpkin recipes.
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
Bake a loaf to slice and share with the whole fam!
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread: Extra protein FTW!
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread: This one has millet for a nice texture crunch.
- Low Sugar Pumpkin Bread: This also happens to be egg-free.
Add some fall flavor to your next batch of pancakes!
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes: Just swap in pumpkin puree for the sweet potato!
- Pumpkin Applesauce Pancakes: Use ½ pumpkin puree and ½ applesauce)
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes: You might even want to add chocolate chips!
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Make a batch ahead to serve for breakfast or a festive snack time. You can also freeze all of these for later.
- Mini Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Whole Grain Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blender Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts (Close to a muffin, anyway!)
Whether you like to make breakfast the night before (ahem, try overnight oats or baked oatmeal!), or can whip it up first thing, these pumpkin oatmeal recipes are awesome options for kids. Omit any added sweeteners for babies under 1.
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal: Ready in just 10 minutes!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cups : Great to make ahead and serve as finger food.
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal: This could easily double as a special weekend breakfast.
- Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats: If you’re looking to try steel cut oats or already love them, this flavor combo sounds amazing.
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats: Stir together, pop into the fridge, and breakfast will be ready and waiting.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Smoothie: Get a dose of vitamin A with a yummy breakfast smoothie.
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie: Simple ingredients, creamy texture, delish flavor.
Pumpkin Pasta Recipes
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: With crunchy breadcrumbs on top even.
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce: Try it on your kid’s favorite pasta shape.
- Healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies: Pumpkin flavor and packed with whole grains.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: With less sugar and butter/oil than classic.
- Pumpkin Raisin Bites: A perfect snack time cookie.
Healthy Pumpkin Bars
- Healthy Pumpkin Bars: These are so easy to stir together and are moist, flavorful, and loaded with healthy ingredients—and yummy flavor!