Find 4 weeks of healthy family meals to feed your entire family this month—all kid-and parent approved—that are easy to make and serve!
Easy Family Meal Plan
I know that feeding a family is a logistical challenge that frustrates even those of us who enjoy cooking—and can feel overwhelming even on the best days. This new family meal plan is meant to help take some of the decisions off your plate so you can decide what to cook in less time.
TIP: These meals can be eaten by babies eating finger foods on up through parents. They may have to be served somewhat differently, but are all suitable.
Meal Planning by Themes
I make my family meals plans based on the idea of themes that repeat weekly or biweekly. This adds in routine so the kids have a better idea of what to expect—and on a night when you’re not having their favorite, you can remind them that their favorite is coming up soon!—and to make it easier to stock your pantry and use up ingredients.
TIP: You can use this plan in the order that I have it here or move meals around as you like. I have free meal planning templates in my Resource Library that you can print out and fill in as you like too.
Fill in breakfasts with easy options like cereal, toast, freezer waffles, and yogurt and granola. Add simple sides to any dinners to round things out.
- Sunday: Veggie and Tofu Stir Fry with Rice
- Monday: DIY Kids Salad (you can serve the dressing as a dip to give them more control
- Tuesday: Easy Taco Buffet
- Wednesday: Pesto Pasta Salad with fruit
- Thursday: Vegetable Pancakes with sour cream, ranch, or guacamole for dipping
- Friday: Zucchini Burgers (or any kind!), frozen fries (we like Alexia Sweet Potato Fries), corn on the cob, fruit
- Saturday: Snack Plate or takeout or grilling
I love having a weekly salad night in the summer since fresh produce is usually easy to come by. Serve the elements deconstructed for the kids as needed, add a dressing they like (my girls like ranch!) and add some bread or a muffin on the side as needed.
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Banana Muffins with Zucchini
- Simple Blueberry Smoothie
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
- Egg Muffins with Spinach
- Sunday: Skillet Pesto Chicken and Roasted Broccoli
- Monday: Greek pita and hummus pizza
- Tuesday: Vegan Burrito Bowls
- Wednesday: Pasta with Beef and Summer Squash
- Thursday: Breakfast Burritos and fruit
- Friday: Pesto Pizza with sliced raw veggies
- Saturday: Baked Salmon Cakes with rolls and cucumbers
I tend to get into a cooking rut by about mid-month so I deliberately have a few new recipes in the mix this week. Feel free to swap in leftovers or a favorite family meal whenever it works for you.
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Strawberry Smoothie
- Toast with Blueberry Chia Jam
- Blueberry Carrot Oatmeal Bars
- Raspberry Waffles
- Sunday: Stir Fry Noodles
- Monday: Chicken Sweet Potato Bowls
- Tuesday: Sheet Pan Nachos
- Wednesday: Pasta Salad with Chicken
- Thursday: Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Friday: Spinach and Cheese Pizza Rolls
- Saturday: leftovers or takeout or grilling
For the mac and cheese dinner, use your favorite boxed kind and add 2 cups frozen broccoli per box for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking the pasta. (Add it right to the pot!) Drain and mix into the sauce.
- Simple Green Smoothie
- 2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Banana Spinach Muffins
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Cauliflower Tots
- Egg Cups with Zucchini
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Uncrustables (or other easy sandwich)
- Easy Peach Crisp
- Green Smoothie Pops
- Kids Protein Shakes
- Grape Pops
- Graham Cracker Energy Balls
- Cottage Cheese Dip with fruit
- Sunday: Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Monday: Mini Meatballs with Toast
- Tuesday: Shrimp Tacos
- Wednesday: Ratatouille Pasta
- Thursday: Egg Muffins with Zucchini
- Friday: Pizza Pockets
- Saturday: leftovers or takeout or Skillet Stuffed Peppers